Friends, Prior to this, maybe you knew nothing about WordPress, or heard about it, never used it, then, starting today, Enemy will lead you into the world of WordPress. Maybe you will love her since then, of course, maybe you will hate, but at least, first meet her.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a blogging platform developed using the PHP language. Users can set up WordPress on servers that support PHP and MySQL databases. You can use WordPress to build a simple stand-alone blog, or you can use WordPress as a content management system (CMS) to build a small portal site. In short, WordPress is now powerful enough to build almost any common type of website.
What, still don’t understand what WordPress is?
Explain again, now the general website has the administrative backstage, for example your own registered Sina blog, Baidu space, QQ space, etc., are all articles that can be sent after login. Well, WordPress mentioned here is actually a program that provides website background management. After installing WordPress, you have a website management background.
WordPress Backstage + WordPress Themes form a complete website. You can modify the WordPress theme to achieve the style layout of your website. For example, the WordPress University that you are currently seeing is to change the theme to become what it is like now.
Why choose WordPress?
1. Since WordPress released its first version in 2005, it has now experienced more than 7 years of development, and the maturity of its products can be imagined.
2. WordPress has many plugins and themes. It is very convenient to install and use. In case you can’t move the code, you can use it to build a beautiful and powerful website.
3. WordPress is no longer a simple blog program. You can use it not only to build personal blogs, but also to build other common types of websites such as portals, download stations, Taobao, forums, multiple blogs, and so on.
4. With WordPress, you will not be alone. No matter what problems you encounter, as long as you Baidu or Google, you can find a solution.
Still have questions? Still hesitant?
1. WordPress is very powerful, but the backstage seems to be very complicated. How can I not use it?
In fact, contacting each website establishment program requires learning how to use it. The power of WordPress has also led to its relatively complicated backstage. However, as I said just now, you will not be alone. There are already many WordPress tutorials on the Internet. You can find pictures, videos and videos, and you can find them at any time. It is also writing door tutorials. For example, what you see here is the first one of this tutorial.
As long as you search, you will learn on your own, everything is a piece of cake!
2. I heard that WordPress consumes CPU resources, and the background operation is a card?
WordPress is a bit bigger in terms of resource consumption than other small blog programs; but have you ever thought about it? Why are so many people using WordPress? What exactly is taking up your CPU?
In fact, the requirements of WordPress on the host are relatively high, but the actual use of a lot of CPU is not WordPress itself, but is usually caused by many plug-ins installed by users. Every student who has just started to contact WordPress will continue to install N-plus plug-ins. Enemy Meng once watched the background of a novice friend and was shocked. He actually installed 31 plugins! ! Check his web page source code, even loaded 16 js files and N css files! Ask, such toss, if you are the host, you can eat it?
To make good use of WordPress, you need to master certain optimization techniques. Regarding this issue, Enemy will explain it in a future article.
Well, about WordPress, Enemy is the first to say this. If you’re interested, step through and learn.
Read other articles in this series:
WordPress Beginner Part1 — what is wordpress?